If you have had a tough day at work, then your thoughts may turn to a nice warm bath and the lovely, relaxing atmosphere that you will be able to create in your bathroom later on. If you have a good boiler or boilers at home, then you will definitely have enough hot water available when you get home to draw yourself a hot bath and lie down to relax. Here are some tips on preparing the perfect bath.
1) Make sure that you have enough hot water. If you have reliable hot water boilers, you should easily have enough hot water to run a bath for yourself, as soon as you get home. There is nothing more disappointing than a cold bath, but thankfully this can be avoided if you have a combi boiler, because combi boilers will allow you to get instantly hot water.
2) Tailor your ingredients to your mood. If you want to feel so relaxed that you could fall asleep, choose bath salts or foam bath with hints of lavender. If you want to feel more invigorated by your bath, or if you are having trouble with a blocked up nose, or swollen sinuses, you should choose something which contains essence of peppermint. Above all, you should choose a smell that you enjoy, or else you will find it very hard to relax.
3) Create an enjoyable atmosphere in your bathroom. If you have a portable CD player, you can choose a nice relaxing CD to listen to. Choose something with a low number of beats per minute (BPM) as these tracks are far more relaxing than music with a high BPM. If you do decide to bring a CD player or laptop into the bathroom, remember that you should never rest it on the edge of the bath, as this can be very dangerous.
4) Add mood lighting. Place scented candles around the bathtub to create mood lighting. Not only will these little lights create a wonderfully relaxing lighting effect in the room, they will also smell delicious. Choose scented candles that will complement the scents that you have added to the bathwater.
5) Ask not to be disturbed. If you have a family, tell them that you are going to be in the bath for 25 minutes (or however long you want to be in the bath for) and that you do not want to be disturbed during this time. Your family will understand that you need to relax, and they will not be offended by this request.
6) Make sure that you have a soft towel and a warm dressing gown prepared for when you get out of the bath. Trying to dry yourself with a scratchy towel, then leaving the relaxing atmosphere of the bathroom can ruin the sense of relaxation you have achieved, but if you have a soft towel, and an even softer dressing gown, then the chances are that you will be able to maintain your wonderful chilled out vibe for the entire evening!